Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security number and account balances
- checking account information and credit history
- mortgage rates and payments and payment history
When you are no longer our member, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share members’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their members’ personal information; the reasons Kinetic Credit Union chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
|Reasons we can share your personal information
||Does Kinetic Credit Union share?
||Can you limit this sharing?
|For our everyday business purposes – such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or to report to credit bureaus
|For our marketing purposes – to offer our products and services to you
|For joint marketing with other financial companies
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your transactions and experiences
||We don't share
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness
||We don't share
|For nonaffiliates to market to you
||We don't share
Call (706) 320-8500 or go to www.kineticcu.com
What we do
How does Kinetic Credit Union protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How does Kinetic Credit Union collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
- open an account or show your government-issued ID
- apply for financing or give us your contact information
- show us your driver's license
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
Why can't I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only
- sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness
- affiliates from using your information to market to you
- sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State law and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- Kinetic Credit Union has no affiliates.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- Kinetic Credit Union does not share with our nonaffiliates so they can market to you.
A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
- Our joint marketing partners include insurance companies.