Notice: Please be aware of phishing scams trying to collect your personal information. Do not provide personal information, account numbers or PINs over the phone or through text message. Kinetic Credit Union never contacts you proactively to ask for this information.
Kinetic Credit Union has substantial measures in place to protect you against theft and fraud. We offer our Rapport service to actively protect your online banking sessions, 256 bit data encryption and Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.2 protocol.
Kinetic Credit Union will never call and ask you to provide sensitive data over the phone or by un-secured email.
Make sure you're on the right site
To help ensure you're on a real Kinetic Credit Union website before you sign in, check your browser address bar for:
- www.kineticcu.com OR www.kineticcuonline.com
Help protect your computer
- Equip your computer with comprehensive malware and virus protection software.
- Consider using IBM Security Trusteer Rapport online fraud protection software which delivers extra security while you're signed in to our site.
- Only download software or applications from well-known or trusted sources
- Install system and software updates (sometimes called patches or service packs)
- Turn off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth services when you’re not using them, and avoid using public Wi-Fi for financial transactions unless you use a secure, private connection, like VPN software
- Back up your data regularly. If you use online or cloud storage, be sure you understand its privacy and security policies and keep your access codes safe.
- Avoid links from unknown sources, and suspicious emails.
- Test your browser to ensure that your system meets the recommended requirements.
Identity theft is the fraudulent acquisition and use of a person's private identifying information, usually for financial gain. If you become a victim of identity theft, it can cost you hundreds or thousands of dollars, and take up to two years to repair your credit rating.
Email, Text Message and Phone Fraud
Fraudulent emails, text messages and phone calls are popular in identity theft crimes. Typically, these scams try to get people to provide their Social Security numbers, credit card numbers, usernames and passwords or other financial information.
Learn more about fraud and how to avoid it
How To Report Fraud
If you suspect you or someone you know has been the victim of account fraud, action should be taken right away. Click here to report the fraud via secure email or call a Kinetic representative at 706.320.8500.
Trusteer Rapport works hard to protect you
Working alongside your current security software, it increases your protection and decreases your susceptibility to criminal behavior, protecting you from threats your anti-virus cannot. Trusteer Rapport verifies that you're connected to the credit union's actual website and creates a secure line of communication.
There is no such thing as perfect security. But no matter who you are or where you are in the world, there are a lot of things you can do -- many of which are simple.