Notice: Please be aware of phishing scams trying to collect your personal information. Do not provide personal information, account numbers or PINs over the phone or through text message. Kinetic Credit Union never contacts you proactively to ask for this information.
You and your teen will have the ability to manage and monitor the account from our online banking or mobile app, allowing your teen to categorize their spending and set budgeting goals.
- Offered to all members who are 13 through 17 years of age.1
- Adult legal owner must be a Kinetic member 2
- Free VISA® Debit Card
- Free Mobile Banking, Online Banking and Bill Pay
- Overdraft protection is available at no charge from the available funds in the Savings account. 3
- Earn points to use for merchandise, gift cards, or travel.
- At age 18, the account will be converted to the Kinetic Checking account.
Monitor and Control
Use CardValet to monitor your teen's spending with spending alerts on each transaction. You can also set limits on where and how much your child can spend in one place.
Your teen's smartphone and the Kinetic Mobile Banking App make account management and budgeting simple. They can even leave their debit card at home, because it's compatible with digital wallets like Apple Pay®, Samsung Pay®, Google Pay®, and other payment apps like PayPal, Venmo, and Cash App.
Free Overdraft Protection
Set up free overdraft protection from the savings account.3
Easily Transfer Funds
Use the Kinetic Mobile Banking App to move money from your Kinetic account to your teen's, whether it's a one-time transfer or recurring transfers, like their weekly allowance.
Teens can use their card to access their money at 30,000+ fee-free ATMs nationwide.
Help your child build good money habits through Kinetic's Smart Steps Financial Education Program.
1. Kinetic Teen Checking accounts are offered to all members who are 13 through 17 years of age. Each member must maintain one share in the credit union.
2. The account must have a legal owner who is 18 years or older, who shall be jointly and severally liable to the credit union for any returned items and all transactions on the account. The legal owner on the Kinetic Teen Checking account must be a current member in good standing prior to opening a Kinetic Teen Checking account. A parent/guardian shall have no rights to access the account unless the parent/guardian is legal owner of the account.
3. Overdraft protection is available at no charge from the available funds in the Savings account. A limit of six overdraft transfers per month is allowed to the Kinetic Teen Checking to pay checks. After the sixth overdraft transfer any additional checks will be returned as NSF. This account is not subject to the non-sufficient funds fee. Occasional Overdraft Privilege Service (OOPS!™) is not available for this account.