NOTICE: Kinetic full-service branches are currently open with limited lobby traffic. Appointments are available. Visit our COVID-19 response page for the latest information.
6 Ways to Stick to a Holiday Budget
While most of this year may have been difficult on many family and individual budgets the holiday season is here. There’s no reason you can’t stick to a holiday budget and still show the people you care for some extra love during these difficult times.
Here are some tips you can follow to check off your holiday list and still keep your hard-earned money in the bank.
- Make a List - Who are you buying presents for this year? Does everyone you’ve ever known need a gift, no of course not? So making a list with those nearest to you may be helpful and setting a price limit per person can help you not go over your budget.
- Set a Price - Set yourself a limit and stick to it! According to USA Today, American’s generally budget close to $1,000 for yearly holiday spending. During these uncertain times, that might not be financially feasible. So set a limit to your budget that makes sense to your family and your individual situation.
- Try Something New - Consider having the kids make one of a kind presents for family and friends. Handmade gifts are always appreciated and may help you save yourself some money too. Creating lasting memories and spending time with the ones you love.
- Save Up Year-Round - By using one of Kinetic Credit Union’s many saving account options you can seamlessly save all year long for those slightly more expensive presents. Try the Christmas Savings account! With this savings account, you can prepare for holiday spending easily with regular deposits or allotments deducted from your direct deposit. Your Christmas Savings balance is automatically transferred to your regular savings account on October 1, so you don’t even have to think about it!
- Factor in Shipping - This year more than many before, families are staying put in their own homes. So you may have to send most of your holiday list gifts to your loved ones instead of opening gifts up together around the tree. Consider the additional fees that go along with shipping and various sizes of gifts. Also as the holiday approaches, shipping fees may greatly increase so be mindful of how many days you will need to deliver gifts before the big day.
- Stay on Top of Your Spending - When you choose Kinetic Credit Union for your financial services you not only get a local Columbus, Georgia credit union but access to exclusive offers and discounts at hundreds of online retailers. Kinetic's Checking Account automatically comes with free mobile banking so you can stay on top of every transaction right in the palm of your hand.
We know choosing a financial institution can be stressful especially during the holidays and uncertain times. We understand that because we live right here in the greater Columbus area and apart of this community. When you choose Kinetic we are ready to help you and your family reach your financial goals. Contact our offices today. Kinetic full-service branches are currently available by appointment.